Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 protects networked laptops, desktops, and servers ("endpoints") against viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware, adware, rootkits, and threats not seen before ("zero-day attacks"). It consists of client software that runs on the endpoints and management software that runs on a server. This product is most suitable for organisations with 100 or more endpoints.
This donation includes a one-year subscription for use of the product, protection updates, and new product features.
Benefits for Organisations
If you have network administration experience, you can use Symantec Endpoint Protection to centrally manage protection for all the endpoints in your organisation's network.
Symantec Endpoint Protection combines several Symantec technologies, all manageable through a single console:
- Antivirus and antispyware:scans for both viruses and security risks
- Desktop firewall:prevents unauthorised users from accessing the computers and the networks that connect to the Internet
- Intrusion prevention:acts as the endpoint's second layer of defense after the firewall
- Proactive threat scanning:analyses the behavior of an application or process to determine if it exhibits characteristics of threats
- Device control:blocks or allows access from devices, such as connections through USB, infrared, FireWire, SCSI, serial ports, and parallel ports
- Application control:blocks or allows applications that try to access system resources
Support and Renewals
This product includes standard support.
You may renew your subscription by requesting another product through SANGOTeCH Botswana each year before the subscription expires.
New in Version 12.1
Version 12.1 adds
- Support for Mac OS X, Linux, and virtual-environment endpoints
- Insight technology, which identifies rapidly mutating threats and also speeds up scans by examining only files at risk
- SONAR 3 technology, for proactive threat scanning
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
Expect three emails. When TechSoup approves your donation request, we will send a message to your organization email address with preliminary information about obtaining this product.
Shortly after, Symantec will send two emails. One of the emails will include the serial number that you need to download and install your product.